The 50-share Nifty index is expected to open soft on Thursday tracking muted Asian markets. The index is likely to remain volatile ahead of May F&O expiry due today. Stocks in news are Tata Motors, Cipla, ONGC, Aurobindo Pharma, NMDC, DLF, M&M, IPCA, Bharti Airtel, Apollo Tyres, BEML, Essar Steel, Power Grid, HDIL, TCS and MCX.
Today’s Key Headlines
• Kapil Sibal Okays DoT’s call to impose Rs 650 cr penalty on Bharti Airtel for offering SLD services.
• Sundaram Finance to deepen presence in FY14, logs 15% rise in net.
• Arvind Mafatlal Group consolidates its textile business.
• ONGC net slips 16.7 per cent on higher subsidy burden.
• Mumbai Airport cancels HDIL slum redevelopment pact