Positive cues from global markets helped key benchmark indices in India score modest gains. All the thirteen sectoral indices on BSE were in green. Capital goods and realty stocks edged higher. Pharma stocks also edged higher on renewed buying, with Sun Pharmaceutical Industries hitting record high.
The market breadth, indicating the overall health of the market, was positive. The BSE Sensex closed 114.71 points up at 19439.48 & The CNX Nifty closed 47.45 points up at 5859.00. Indian Rupee was 0.26% strong against USD.
Who Moved and Why
1) Ramco Systems spurts on signing cloud project with Vassallo
2) Karnataka Bank jumps on co-financing pact with Reliance Capital
3) Havells India hits record high
4) Anant Raj spurts after bagging licences to set up projects in Haryana
5) Volumes jump at Jyothy Laboratories counter
6) Canara Bank gains after picking stake in Brickwork Ratings
7) United Spirits scales record high
8) Thermax gains 7.1% in 3 days after securing large order
For detail analysis report please visit: – http://rrfinance.com/Reserch/Pdf/07-July/DMR/09th_july_equity_closing_update.pdf
Related articles Markets open higher on firm global cues (rediff.com)