Indian stocks surged today, 3 October 2013, on expectations that the US government’s partial shutdown could lead to the US Federal Reserve postponing tapering of monetary stimulus to the US economy. The rupee surged against the dollar. The market breadth, indicating the overall health of the market, was strong. Except BSE FMCG index, all the other sectoral indices on BSE were in the green. The BSE Sensex closed at 19902.07 and 384.92 point up.
Who Moved and Why
- MOIL firms up after price hike.
- Sadbhav Engineering gains after receiving provisional completion certificate for 2 check posts.
- Jet Airways takes off on buzz of Sebi nod for Jet-Etihad deal.
- Zensar Tech gains after securing new orders.
- Steel Strips Wheels spurts after reporting record September sales.
- Cement shares jump on price hike report.
- Infosys gains after winning order.
- Ashok Leyland slips on weak September sales.
RR Research Information:- http://www.rrfinance.com/Reserch/ResearchHome.aspx