Key benchmark indices trimmed intraday losses in late trade. Investor sentiment was impacted by weakness in Asian and European stocks and trading in US index futures indicating a lower opening of US stocks later in the global day. The barometer index, the S&P BSE Sensex, closed at 20767.88, down 97.09 points or 0.47%, up 180.46 points from the day’s low and off 150 points from the day’s high. The market breadth, indicating the overall health of the market, was negative.
Who Moved and Why
1) GAIL jumps on likely relief from subsidy burden.
2) Strides Arcolab gains after tie-up with a Singapore based firm.
3) ACC declines after weak Q2 earnings.
4) Exide Industries slips after weak Q2 numbers.
5) Vascon Engineers gains after selling its investment in a firm.
6) TTML drops after denying merger talks with Tata Teleservices.
7) Welspun Corp gains after shareholders’ nod for demerger scheme.
Read detail analysis report here: – http://rrfinance.com/Reserch/Pdf/07-July/DMR/23rd_Oct_equity_closing_update.pdf
Related articles European Stocks Slip, Dollar Steadies (online.wsj.com)