Key benchmark indices edged lower on the first trading session of the week as the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is expected to raise its main lending rate viz. the repo rate by 25 basis points after a monetary policy review tomorrow, 29 October 2013, on rein in inflation. The market breadth, indicating the overall health of the market, was negative. The barometer index, the S&P BSE Sensex, and the 50-unit CNX Nifty, both, hit their lowest level in more than a week. The Sensex was down 113.24 points or 0.55%, off close to 200 points from the day’s high and up about 20 points from the days low.
Who Moved and Why
- Dabur India retracts from record high after strong Q2 earnings.
- Dabur India drops on profit booking after strong Q2 earnings.
- HOV Services hits the roof on buzz of SourceHOV sale.
- Ajanta Pharma hits record high after strong Q2 earnings.
- Shares of gold loan companies in demand.
- Neyveli Lignite drops after weak Q2 outcome.
- Taj GVK Hotels drops after reporting net loss in Q2.
- Essel Propack jumps after strong Q2 earnings.
- Bharat Gears hits the roof after stellar Q2 outcome.
Read detail analysis report here: – http://rrfinance.com/Reserch/Pdf/07-July/DMR/28th_Oct_equity_closing_update.pdf
47, M.M. Road, Rani Jhansi Marg
Jhandewalan, New Delhi-110055