High volatility is expected in this week as the market will react sharply to the verdict of assembly elections in key states on Sunday, 8 December 2013. On the macro front, the government will unveil industrial production data for October 2013 on Thursday, 12 December 2013. Investors are keeping a close watch on economic data in the United States as the Federal Reserve monitors the pace of recovery to gauge when it will begin to reduce monetary stimulus for the US economy, which has been aimed at encouraging growth.
Highlights of the Week
1) First branch of all-woman bank opens in MP.
2) SBI panel says nothing irregular in loan sanctioned by Deputy MD Shyamal Acharya.
3) US – based MFI think tank wants RBI to allow financial access to the physically disadvantaged.
4) Bankers say extended FCNR – B facility makes little sense.
5) Supreme Court sends Amul board row back to Gujrat High Court.
6) Elite Foods launches two speciality cakes for Christmas, New Year.
7) India needs to develop a strong electronics base: Manmohan Singh.
8) HC asks Videocon to clear up to Euro 38 – million dues of Italian bank.
9) Fertilisers and Chemicals Travancore keen to market Neera, other agro products.
10) Bharti Airtel sacks group CIO Jai Menon for alleged code of conduct violations.
11) Restoration work at Mundra plant completed: Tata Power.
12) Cairn India bids for one block in Sri Lanka; OVL skips.
13) Diesel demand drops first time in ten years: Indian Oil Corporation.
14) Power Ministry taking steps to remove hurdles for hydel power plants.
15) Indian fertilizer demand remains strong, plans for Iranian projects take shape:ICIS
16) Sanghvi Forging & Engineering Ltd bags Rs 8 crore order.
17) Airbus – parent EADS to downsize defence and space business.
18) GVK Group may sell part of its Bangalore airport stake.
19) Will quash Jet – Etihad deal if there are irregularities: Supreme Court.
20) NGO to challenge green nod to Gujarat Pipavav.
Read full analysis report here: – http://www.rrfinance.com/reserch/pdf/other-pdf/Equity%20Weekly.pdf