Immense volatility was witnessed in late trade as key benchmark indices trimmed losses after hitting fresh intraday low in late trade. The market breadth, indicating the overall health of the market, was negative. Except BSE FMCG index, all the other sectoral indices on BSE were in the red. The market sentiment hit adversely due to hawkish comments on inflation from Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Dr. Raghuram Rajan. In the foreign exchange market, the rupee edged lower against the dollar. The BSE Sensex closed at 21171.41 and 83.85 point down.
Who Moved and Why
1) OBC tumbles on profit booking.
2) GVK Power & Infra drops on profit booking.
3) NTPC gains on bargain.
4) Bharti Infratel jumps as Bharti, Reliance Jio to share telecom infra.
5) SBI falls 4.22% in two days on equity dilution worries.
6) Strides Arcolab gains almost 4% in two sessions.
7) SKF India hits 52-week high on fund buying.
8) Suzlon Energy gains after winning order.
Read detail analysis report here:- http://rrfinance.com/Reserch/Pdf/07-July/DMR/23rd_july_Mid_Session_Update.pdf