The market may remain volatile in a truncated trading week as traders roll over positions in the futures & options (F&O) segment from the near month December 2013 series to January 2014 series. The near month December 2013 derivatives contract expire on Thursday, 26 December 2013. The stock market remains closed on Wednesday, 25 December 2013, on account of Christmas. AXIS Bank will replace Jindal Steel & Power as a constituent of the S&P BSE Sensex with effect from Monday, 23 December 2013.
Highlights of the Week
1) RBI tightens norms for credit card issuers on minimum dues.
2) PNB launches online facility for payment of property tax.
3) IDFC taking steps to meet the banking licence norms.
4) Karnataka High Court nixes USL share sale to Diageo.
5) Intend to challenge Karnataka HC order, say USL and Diageo.
6) Hisar University issued patent to estimate multi residue in milk and milk products.
7) Energy sector trips on petro products subsidies: Petroleum secretary.
8) Petrol price hiked by 50 paise, Diesel by 11 paise.
9) Allowing RIL to raise prices was a bold move, says Oil Minister Veerappa Moily.
10) Competition Commission rejects complaint against Mahagenco.
11) ILFS joint venture gets Rs 145 crore contract for rail flyover in Uttar Pradesh.
12) L&T IDPL seeks FIPB nod for rising up to Rs 2,000 crore.
13) Steel production falls 2.4% in November: WSA.
14) Indian scientists develop insulin pill for diabetics.
15) Carlyle Group buys 28 pct in Global Health for Rs 960crore.
16) Daiichi may get Japanese experts to help Ranbaxy meet USFDA norms.
17) Blackstone to sell its stake in Emcure Pharma to Bain Capital.
18) Steel makers set to raise prices by Rs 1,000/ tone.
19) Wipro announces $2.8 million fellowship focused on STEM education in US.
20) Vodafoneto challenge Rs 3,700 – crore tax demand over call centre sale.
21) Cidco gets nod for inviting private bids for Navi Mumbai airport.
22) Following airlines, Railways introducing dynamic fare system.
Read detail analysis report: – http://www.rrfinance.com/reserch/pdf/other-pdf/Equity%20Weekly.pdf