Key benchmark indices surged as the market sentiment was boosted after data showed inflation based on the wholesale price index (WPI) eased to five-month low at 6.16% in December 2013. Easing inflation provided legroom for the central bank to cut interest rates in its next policy meet in order to bolster growth. Firmness in Asian and European stocks also boosted sentiment. The S&P BSE Sensex and the 50-unit CNX Nifty, both, hit their highest level in almost two weeks. The market breadth, indicating the overall health of the market, was positive. The BSE sensex closed at 2121289.49 and 256.61 point up.
Who Moved and Why
- NIIT Technologies hits 52-week high after Q3 results.
- CMC drops 12.12% in two days after declaring Q3 results.
- Bajaj Finserv inches up amid volatility after good Q3 numbers.
- ISGEC Heavy spurts as board to consider buyback proposal.
- Strong Q3 numbers generate interest in Yes Bank.
- Yes Bank gains after strong Q3 earnings.
- Bajaj Finance inches up amid volatility after strong Q3 numbers.
Read detail analysis report here: – http://rrfinance.com/Reserch/Pdf/07-July/DMR/15th_Jan_equity_closing_update.pdf
Read related articles here:- http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/result-poll/yes-bank-q3-pat-seen10-to-rs-376-cr-cnbc-tv18-poll_1024768.html