Key benchmark indices edged higher for the second day in a row after Finance Minister P Chidambaram cut the fiscal deficit target to 4.1% of GDP for 2014-15 at the time of announcement of the Interim Budget for 2014-15 on Monday, 17 February 2014, and said that the government will contain fiscal deficit at 4.6% of GDP in 2013-14 and as the government announced lower – than – expected gross market borrowing of Rs 5.97 lakh crore for 2014-15. The market sentiment was boosted by data showing that foreign funds were net buyers of Indian stocks on Monday, 17 February 2014. The BSE Sensex closed at 20464.06 and 170.15 point up.
Who Moved and Why
- Ambuja Cements gains after bulk deal.
- Hindustan Zinc slips on buzz Govt defer disinvestment.
- ABB India jumps after strong Q4 outcome.
- Godrej Consumer Products gains after bulk deal.
- V-Mart Retail gains on institutional buying.
- Bharti Airtel slips after acquiring Loop Mobile.
- Select stocks drop ex-dividend.
- Force Motors spurts after promoters hike stake.
- Castrol India gains after decent Q4 numbers.
Read detail analysis report here:- http://rrfinance.com/Reserch/Pdf/07-July/DMR/18th_FEB_equity_closing_update.pdf