Key benchmark indices surged to record high after the government exceeded its $3.1billion asset sales target for this fiscal year and as investors bet that the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) will be able to form the next government at Centre. The barometer index, the S&P BSE Sensex, moved past the psychological 22,000 level. The Sensex closed up by 300.16 points or 1.38%, up 228.97 points from the day’s low and off 17.87 points from the day’s high.Who Moved and Why
1) ONGC gains ahead of board meeting for interim dividend.
2) NHPC gains after Parbati-III project begins commercial operation.
3) IIFL Holdings gains after selling stake in Sri Lankan units.
4) RPower gains after commencement of power generation at 3rd unit of Sasan UMPP.
5) Arshiya International jumps as board to review CDR package.
6) MT Educare gains after board OKs selling PUC campus.
Read detail analysis report: – http://rrfinance.com/Reserch/Pdf/07-July/DMR/24th_March_equity_closing_update.pdf