Key benchmark indices edged lower for the second day in a row triggered by the India Meteorological Department (IMD) on Thursday, 24 April 2014, announcing that the country will likely get below-normal levels of monsoon rain this year. The barometer index, the S&P BSE Sensex, close down by 56.45 points or 0.25%, off close to 80 points from the day’s high and up about 45 points from the day’s low. The market breadth, indicating the overall health of the market, turned positive from negative in late trade. The S&P BSE Mid-Cap index was up nearly 1%.
Who Moved and Why
1) Godrej Consumer Products drops on poor Q4 result.
2) Symphony surges after stellar Q3 earnings.
3) REC turns volatile after board’s nod for raising funds.
4) Wockhardt jumps as Himachal Pradesh lifts ban.
5) Shree Cement drops after weak Q3 earnings.
6) Volumes jump at National Buildings Construction Corporation counter.
7) Sasken Communication tumbles after weak sequential earnings in Q4.
8) UPL hits record high on good Q4 outcome.
9) Siemens gains after strong Q2 results.
Read detail analysis report here:- http://rrfinance.com/Reserch/Pdf/07-July/DMR/28_april_equity_closing_update.pdf