A bout of volatility was witnessed in late trade as key benchmark indices provisionally settled marginally lower after turning positive after cutting entire intraday losses. Investors remained wary ahead of the announcement of Federal Reserve’s monetary policy review later in the global day today, 30 April 2014. The market breadth, indicating the overall health of the market, was weak. The BSE Mid-Cap index fell nearly 1% and the BSE Small-Cap index slipped over 1%. Fed’s bond-buying program has been a source of liquidity for most Asian and emerging markets. The BSE Sensex closed at 22417.80 and 48.39 point down.
Who Moved and Why
1) Marico turns volatile after Q4 earnings.
2) Shriram Transport Finance slips after weak Q4 numbers.
3) OBC slips on muted growth in Q4 net profit.
4) BASF India drops after weak Q4 results.
5) Strong Q4 result powers Swaraj Engines.
6) Advanta gains after strong Q1 earnings.
7) Cipla gains in volatile trade after clarification.
8) Kesoram Industries tumbles as net loss widens in Q4.
9) TVS Motor spurts 11.55% in two days on turnaround Q4 results.