Key benchmark indices edged higher amid high intraday volatility after the latest data showed that inflation based on monthly wholesale price index (WPI) eased to 5.2 in April 2014 from 5.7% in March 2014. The barometer index, the S&P BSE Sensex, close up by 90.48 points or 0.38%, up close to 170 points from the day’s low and off about 60 points from the day’s high. The market sentiment was boosted by data showing that foreign funds made substantial purchases of Indian stocks on Wednesday, 14 May 2014.
Who Moved and Why
1) Adani Ports & SEZ gains after Q4 results.
2) LG Balakrishnan gallops to record high on strong results, liberal bonus issue.
3) Tata Motors slips in volatile trade as global wholesales decline in April.
4) Bajaj Auto slides after weak quarterly earnings.
5) Bank of India slips after weak Q4 earnings.
6) Shakti Pumps spurts to 52-week high after stellar Q4 outcome.
7) Sun Pharma gains after settling Novartis lawsuit.
8) Aurobindo Pharma gains after MSCI inclusion.
Read detail analysis report here:– http://rrfinance.com/Reserch/Pdf/07-July/DMR/15_may_equity_closing_update.pdf