The Reserve Bank of India (RBI)’s monetary policy review on Tuesday, 5 August 2014, will dictate the near term trend on the bourses. Trend in investment by foreign portfolio investors (FPIs), trend in global markets, trend in other global emerging markets, the movement of rupee against the dollar, crude oil price movement.
Image Source by : Wikipedia
Stock-specific activity may dominate trade as a number of companies will be announcing first quarter results. Marico, Oriental Bank of Commerce, Petro net LNG, Power Grid Corporation of India and Tata Communications will announce their Q1 June 2014 earnings on Monday, 4 August 2014.
Hero MotoCorp, NHPC and Tata Chemicals will unveil Q1 June 2014 earnings on Tuesday, 5 August 2014. Bata India will unveil its Q2 June 2014 on the same day.
Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone, Adani Power, Amara Raja Batteries, Apollo Tyres, City Union Bank, IDBI Bank, Jindal Steel & Power and Piramal Enterprises will announce Q1 June 2014 earnings on Wednesday, 6 August 2014. GlaxoSmithkline Consumer Healthcare will also announce its April-June 2014 quarter earnings the same day.
- Union Bank Q1 net profit up 19 per cent on steep fall in provisions.
- JSW Steel Ltd posts Rs 656.5 crore profit in Q1.
- IL&FS Investment Managers Ltd to Raise Rs 6,000 crore.
- Desh Deepak Misra takes over as HR director at ONGC.
- IL&FS Investment Managers Ltd to Raise Rs 6,000 crore
- Cyrus Mistry unveils new growth vision to Tata executives, co to invest $35 billion in 3 yrs.
- Royal Enfield sales up 79.99 per cent in July.
- Honda Motorcycle sales up 32.87% in July.
- Hero MotoCorp sales up 8.67 per cent in July.
- Hero MotoCorp to roll out 3 models in quick succession & unveil an ad blitz aimed at the young-at-heart.
- Apollo Tyres gets board nod to raise up to Rs 1,200 crore.
- Apollo Tyres to invest USD 340 million to upgrade facilities.
- Gitanjali Gems Ltd plans to raise Rs 175 crore for expansion.
16) Indian Oil Corporation to set up two new plants in Uttarakhand.
- Nathpa Jhakri Hydro power station achieves highest-ever generation in July.
- Government persuading affluent customers to voluntarily give up subsidized LPG.