Key benchmark indices edged lower after Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Raghuram Rajan said that the commencement of tapering by the US Federal Reserve will mean a repricing of certain assets with consequent volatility in the global financial markets and that a potential additional source of uncertainty for India is the coming general election. Investor sentiment was hit adversely after the RBI’s latest financial stability report (FSR) said that the risks to the Indian banking sector have further increased since the publication of the previous FSR in June this year. The BSE Sensex closed at 2143.01 and 0.57 point down.
Who Moved and Why
- Lanco Infratech jumps over 14% in four sessions.
- Union Bank of India falls on profit booking.
- Trent jumps on buzz Tesco proposal gets DIPP nod.
- Welspun Corp hits the roof on announcing sale of its stake in Leighton Welspun India.
- PSU OMCs slide on rising crude oil prices.
- Globus Spirits jumps on incorporation of wholly owned subsidiary.
- Sesa Sterlite gains after SC approves mining in Karnataka.
Read detail analysis report:- http://rrfinance.com/Reserch/Pdf/07-July/DMR/30th_Dec_equity_closing_update.pdf