Key benchmark indices held firm in mid-morning trade as Asian stocks rose on speculation Federal Reserve policy makers won’t announce any major changes to monetary stimulus when they conclude a meeting today, 30 October 2013. The US central bank currently buys $85 billion a month in US debt and mortgage-backed securities in a bid to hold interest rates low and encourage economic growth. Fed’s bond – buying program has been a source of liquidity for most Asian and emerging markets this year. The Sensex was up 43.92 points or 0.21%, up about 31 points from the day’s low and off close to 60 points from the day’s high.
Who Moved and Why
- Phoenix Mills gains after decent Q2 outcome.
- Talwalkars firms up after good Q2 results.
- Schneider Electric Infra drops as Q2 net loss widens.
- Jubilant Life Sciences jumps on strong outlook.
- Jai Corp jumps on better-than-expected Q2 earnings.
- Pidilite Industries strengthens after Q2 results.
- ALSTOM India drops after poor Q2 numbers.
- Bharti Airtel gains after Q2 results.
- Symphony spurts after stellar Q1 outcome.
Read detail analysis report here: – http://www.rrfinance.com/Reserch/Pdf/07-July/Mid%20Session/30th_Oct_MidSession%20Update.pdf
RR Information Research:-http://www.rrfinance.com/Reserch/ResearchHome.aspx