Key benchmark indices eked out small gains on the last trading session of 2013. The barometer index, the S&P BSE Sensex, close up 27.67 points or 0.13%, up about 50 points from the day’s low and off close to 60 points from the day’s high. The market breadth, indicating the overall health of the market, was positive. Gains in Asian and European stocks supported domestic bourses. Among IT stocks, Wipro scaled 52-week high. Shares of power generation and power distribution companies edged higher. Index heavyweight Reliance Industries rose.
istanbul airport (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Who Moved and Why
- Deep Industries gains after allotting warrants to promoters.
- Canara Bank advances on announcing hike in lending rates.
- McNally Bharat advances on new order win.
- GMR Infra hits 52-week high amid volatility on divesting stake in Istanbul airport.
- Jain Irrigation jumps after winning project.
- Trent gains on buzz Tesco gets FIPB nod.
- Apollo Tyres hits record high after Cooper terminates merger deal.
Read detail analysis report here: – http://www.scoop.it/t/online-share-trading-stock-broking-company
Key benchmark indices edged lower after Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Raghuram Rajan said that the commencement of tapering by the US Federal Reserve will mean a repricing of certain assets with consequent volatility in the global financial markets and that a potential additional source of uncertainty for India is the coming general election. Investor sentiment was hit adversely after the RBI’s latest financial stability report (FSR) said that the risks to the Indian banking sector have further increased since the publication of the previous FSR in June this year. The BSE Sensex closed at 2143.01 and 0.57 point down.
English: Lionel Barber, Raghuram Rajan and Lloyd Blankfein Français : Lionel Barber, Raghuram Rajan et Lloyd Blankfein. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Who Moved and Why
- Lanco Infratech jumps over 14% in four sessions.
- Union Bank of India falls on profit booking.
- Trent jumps on buzz Tesco proposal gets DIPP nod.
- Welspun Corp hits the roof on announcing sale of its stake in Leighton Welspun India.
- PSU OMCs slide on rising crude oil prices.
- Globus Spirits jumps on incorporation of wholly owned subsidiary.
- Sesa Sterlite gains after SC approves mining in Karnataka.
Read detail analysis report:- http://rrfinance.com/Reserch/Pdf/07-July/DMR/30th_Dec_equity_closing_update.pdf
RR Investors offers public issue of National Housing Bank Tax free secured redeemable non convertible debentures (NCD’s) bonds. Invest in tax free bonds provide by National Housing Bank. Apply Now! Call us for best terms @9540056975, 01123636363 or dial toll free 1800110444.
For more information please visit:- http://www.rrfinance.com/Fixed_Income/BondDebentures.aspx
Key benchmark indices edged higher, with market sentiment boosted by data showing that foreign funds remained net buyers of Indian stocks on Thursday, 26 December 2013. Gains in Asian and European stocks also boosted sentiment on the domestic bourses as the barometer index, the S&P BSE Sensex, and the 50-unit CNX Nifty, both, hit their highest level in more than two weeks. The Sensex closed up 118.99 points or 0.56%, off close to 45 points from the day’s high and up about 75 points from the day’s low. The market breadth, indicating the overall health of the market, was positive.
Dena Bank (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Who Moved and Why
- Dena Bank gains after preferential share allotment to government.
- IT stocks reboot on improving US economic data.
- Brigade Enterprises gains after purchase of land in Bangalore.
- Apollo Hospitals, M&M Financial edge higher on inclusion in F&O segment
- Sundaram Finance inches up after a block deal.
Read detail analysis report here: – http://rrfinance.com/Reserch/Pdf/07-July/DMR/27th_Dec_equity_closing_update.pdf
Related articles Sensex gains 127 points in late morning deals (thehindu.com)
Key benchmark indices edged lower, snapping two-day winning streak. The barometer index, the S&P BSE Sensex, close down 68.32 points or 0.32 %, up about 20 points from the day’s low and off close to 125 points from the day’s high. The market breadth, indicating the overall health of the market, was positive. Metal and mining stocks edged lower. Shares of Sesa Sterlite dropped on reports Central ureau of Investigation (CBI) has started a probe into possible irregularities in its stake buy in Hindustan Zinc. Most banking stocks edged lower.
Who Moved and Why
- Infotech Enterprises retracts from record high.
- L&T, L&T Finance Holdings edge higher.
- Alstom T&D India surges 8.7% in 3 days.
- Marico inches up amid volatility after a block deal.
- Kirloskar Electric gains after delivery of a transformer in Vietnam.
- GMR Infra takes off on prospects of exit from Istanbul airport project.
- T D Power Systems turns volatile after bulk deals.
Read detail analysis report here: – http://rrfinance.com/Reserch/Pdf/07-July/DMR/24th_Dec_equity_closing_update.pdf
The market may remain volatile in a truncated trading week as traders roll over positions in the futures & options (F&O) segment from the near month December 2013 series to January 2014 series. The near month December 2013 derivatives contract expire on Thursday, 26 December 2013. The stock market remains closed on Wednesday, 25 December 2013, on account of Christmas. AXIS Bank will replace Jindal Steel & Power as a constituent of the S&P BSE Sensex with effect from Monday, 23 December 2013.
English: Karnataka High Court, in Bangalore, India. Français : La haute cour de l’État de Karnataka, à Bengalore, en Inde. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Highlights of the Week
1) RBI tightens norms for credit card issuers on minimum dues.
2) PNB launches online facility for payment of property tax.
3) IDFC taking steps to meet the banking licence norms.
4) Karnataka High Court nixes USL share sale to Diageo.
5) Intend to challenge Karnataka HC order, say USL and Diageo.
6) Hisar University issued patent to estimate multi residue in milk and milk products.
7) Energy sector trips on petro products subsidies: Petroleum secretary.
8) Petrol price hiked by 50 paise, Diesel by 11 paise.
9) Allowing RIL to raise prices was a bold move, says Oil Minister Veerappa Moily.
10) Competition Commission rejects complaint against Mahagenco.
11) ILFS joint venture gets Rs 145 crore contract for rail flyover in Uttar Pradesh.
12) L&T IDPL seeks FIPB nod for rising up to Rs 2,000 crore.
13) Steel production falls 2.4% in November: WSA.
14) Indian scientists develop insulin pill for diabetics.
15) Carlyle Group buys 28 pct in Global Health for Rs 960crore.
16) Daiichi may get Japanese experts to help Ranbaxy meet USFDA norms.
17) Blackstone to sell its stake in Emcure Pharma to Bain Capital.
18) Steel makers set to raise prices by Rs 1,000/ tone.
19) Wipro announces $2.8 million fellowship focused on STEM education in US.
20) Vodafoneto challenge Rs 3,700 – crore tax demand over call centre sale.
21) Cidco gets nod for inviting private bids for Navi Mumbai airport.
22) Following airlines, Railways introducing dynamic fare system.
Read detail analysis report: – http://www.rrfinance.com/reserch/pdf/other-pdf/Equity%20Weekly.pdf
Immense volatility was witnessed in late trade as key benchmark indices trimmed losses after hitting fresh intraday low in late trade. The market breadth, indicating the overall health of the market, was negative. Except BSE FMCG index, all the other sectoral indices on BSE were in the red. The market sentiment hit adversely due to hawkish comments on inflation from Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Dr. Raghuram Rajan. In the foreign exchange market, the rupee edged lower against the dollar. The BSE Sensex closed at 21171.41 and 83.85 point down.
The General Post Office and Reserve Bank of India building from across Lal Dighi in B.B.D.Bagh, Calcutta (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Who Moved and Why
1) OBC tumbles on profit booking.
2) GVK Power & Infra drops on profit booking.
3) NTPC gains on bargain.
4) Bharti Infratel jumps as Bharti, Reliance Jio to share telecom infra.
5) SBI falls 4.22% in two days on equity dilution worries.
6) Strides Arcolab gains almost 4% in two sessions.
7) SKF India hits 52-week high on fund buying.
8) Suzlon Energy gains after winning order.
Read detail analysis report here:- http://rrfinance.com/Reserch/Pdf/07-July/DMR/23rd_july_Mid_Session_Update.pdf